Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Nicole: Hey I'm on Cash Cab and need your help..
Me: WHAT? REALLY? Ok! What's the question?
Nicole: What's the name of the snake on Jungle Book?
Me: Uh... I saw a picture of it at school.... it was written on it. It's like Baa. I know it has double A's.... Uh...
Nicole: No it's like Sharka or something.
---Background: 30 seconds-----
Nicole: Hurry 30 seconds
Me: NO! It's Kaa!!!!
Nicole: Kaa.... YAY! We won $25!!!!
Me: Wait! Are you really on Cash Cab?
Nicole: (hesitant) ya! (silence)
Me:(starting to realize real life) Wait..
Nicole: Ok not really...
Oh how I am my mother's daughter and can believe things people tell me... sad
I do love cash cab and hope someday someone thinks I am smart enough to call me as there shout out. Even if it does involve a Disney movie!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
1. The Office
2. Jon and Kate plus 8
4. The Prison Shows on Tru TV
5. Little People Big World
Eight things that happened yesterday:
1. Woke Chyla up for work on time
2. Went to work
3. Updated my ipod
4. Caught up on Bloggers
5. Watched Step Up 2
6. Went on a date with Chyla to Arby's
7. Made my first batch of Carmel Corn
8. Discovered my passion for baking...
Eight favorite places to eat:
1. Red Robin
3. Cafe Rio
4. Brick Oven (Salad Bar... yummy!)
6. Olive Garden
7. Red Lobster
8. El Ranchito
Eight things I am looking forward to:
1. Chyla finishing my laundry
2. Going home in a week!!!!
4. Seein the fam
5. Being done with my worksheet at school
6. Having a week off from work
7. Getting paid
8. Sleeping tonight :)
Eight People I Tag:
I'll see if i can get 8...
2. Heidi Peters
3. Nicole C
4. Nicole B.
Ok, that's it....Sorry
1.) Once you are married and a mom you understand how to cook a lot better. It's like magic. When you are a young single adult... it just doesn't come easily.
2.) When a recipe calls for 2 cubes of butter. Put both in... or else it won't turn out.
3.) When you cook with Chyla around double the recipe.
Last but not least.....
4.) I give My Mom a lot more credit, she's a way good cook and I wasted a lot of time not learning from her. Mom ready or not I'll be home in a week and we are gonna be having a cookin good time! :)
*Also, I took pictures of all my creations. I can't find my camera cord tho.... shocking I know! I'm in the middle of cleaning my room, I'm sure it will show up soon!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Heidi ran a marathon so we all went and supported her. I stayed up till 4 am making this sign. Well.... we decided at like 2 to make it.
One weekend we decided to all stay home and watch all ten seasons of FRIENDS. We all brought our mattresses out and somehow one got left out and I decided to do Airplane with Aaron.
We spent I think almost every Holiday at Bri's parent's house. This is us swimming in their pool
Amber vaccumming my hair off my arm after she cut it. I'm not sure why I look like I'm in so much pain.....
My 20th Birthday. I'm not sure where I found the goggles but sure. lol Oh and I got 2 big Princess cards like that, that birthday. I guess people know what I like.
Amber and Me saving a parking spot for some random guy...
AubRee needed her legs shaved but didn't want to do it... so I did.
This is the whole gang at Sato's (Jap. Food) Yum Yum
Waterfight.... need I say more?
Buddha thought it was funny, she was beating me with pool noodles.
Can't forget about when we all went to San Fransisco together. That was a way fun trip. This is actually a way cool picture that Matt took. Me and Bri are on the left running into the water. The group in the middle is looking at a tide pool and Buddha is on the right watching Bri and I.
This is our ward. It was a school wide competition. We were the "Red team". Sara started waterfight...
There are a ton more pictures. But moral of this memory is that I had a ton of fun at BYU-Idaho. It's nothing against Rexburg, the school, the teachers, or the people. Obviously I enjoyed it. I am just ready to move on and that part of my life is over. I still love the friends I made there. I always will. I truly had the time of my life there.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Movie update: Twilight. I loved it!!!! I don't care if it was a low budget film and had some cheezy parts. So does Ice Age, but it's still a good movie!!! Seriously! I loved it! I also went to see Four Christmas's. Such a good movie! Go see it! Totally worth it! Ok, that's enough of an update. Oh I get to go home for Christmas! YAY!!!!!!!!! 19 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Second Awkward Story.... So Rochelle and I were talking and sittin in her car after work on Monday. She went home to Idaho this past weekend so we had a lot to catch up on. So we were just talking and I see a guy and a girl by a car, we couldn't hear what they were saying but could tell they liked each other but weren't dating yet. I told her we might be lucky and witness the first kiss. Her response "Oh NO!" So we continue talking and 10 minutes later I gasp and grab her head and turn it to the awkward couple! We got to witness the first awkward kiss of this awkward couple. It was amazing. They totally didn't know how to lean or probably kiss. And so they did a quick peak, realized they were awkward and decided to try a make out.
BAHAHAHAHA!!! At this point and time I lost it. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Rochelle was embarrassed and started putting up her windows in fear that they'd notice us laughing at them. I laughed the whole time they were kissing and they were makin' on each other for a good 10 minutes. As the guy drove away I pointed and laughed even harder at him. Haha. Oh how I love awkward moments like that, especially when I am just the third party observer! Good times!
As I walked into work going to clock in Carlos, the manager of the gym puts his hand up to me like he was going to high five me. So, confusingly I high five him and he proceeds to tell me, Only two "clubs" out of 25 hit there monthly goal. Mine was one of them. And since I am in charge of my "club" at the manager meeting today, which I don't have to go to because of school I get the cliff notes from Carlos, I guess I got a lot of praise! YAY! Sadly, I don't get a monthly bonus because the company has to hit there combined monthly goal before anyone gets a bonus and we didn't hit it, but I guess Ron, (who is completely scary and I have never met) was saying some really good things, about how this is my first full month as manager and I stepped up to the plate and gone above and beyond what was expected of me. WOW! It made me feel pretty good.
Usually the last day of the month the clock is ticking and we are stressed trying to hit goal, and I have to hand in my worksheet. Life gets stressful. But were I did a lot on my worksheet yesterday and hit our gross goal sometime last week then hit our cash goal yesterday... it made tonight very relaxing. I'm thinking for next month I am going to try not to procrastinate as much.... well... we'll see!
Monday, September 15, 2008
- My power, gas, water, etc. got turned off last week due to my landlord "forgetting" to pay the bills. Cool.... NOT! It was actually really funny because I am gone all day long anyways all I do is sleep and shower there during the week and so both of my roommates were freaking out and calling me trying to figure everything out. They wanted to have a meeting with me after I got off work. Except for I don't get home until after midnight. They made it until 10pm before they called me and told me they were going to sleep and they'd leave a flashlight out for me. What sweet girls! So I got home tripped over my floor (or the piles on it...) and went to bed. The next morning I woke up went back to the gym (aka work) and showered and got ready there. Not a big deal. I'm not sure what they did. But the next day the power was back on and all is well.
- My parents upgraded our cell phone plan so now we all have unlimited texts. And I need to give a shout-out to my Momma who sent her very first text message and figured it out all by herself! Way to go, Mom!
- BYU is back in session, yes I know it started almost a month ago, but maybe that is part of my excuse for why I haven't blogged in a while. With BYU back in session it pretty much means Provo has been revived. Provo is pretty dead in the summer time, so now with all those "Mormon kids" as my boss calls them we are finally busy at work. About time!
- Someone was stabbed at the Orem IHop this last weekend, with a pair of scissors... That is our IHop. I immediately texted Steve to make sure he was aware and he looked up the story. Next time I got to IHop I will be armed with my scissors, just in case (and mine are a heck of a lot sharper)!
- I made my first budget! I feel like such a grown-up! Now the tricky part is sticking to it....
- Today was chore day. Yes, it was the Sabbath, but I have been so busy I hadn't had any time to get anything done.... so today I cleaned my room, spotless. And when I say room, really I have to clean 3, my bedroom, my closet, and my bathroom. But it's completely clean and I only have 2 loads (out of 6)... (I don't want to talk about it...) left! YAY! Oh and I went grocery shopping. I'm repenting, but I needed to get it done. I am starting my diet tomorrow and I can't be on diet if I am eating out every meal. It just doesn't work. Anyways so my room is clean, which is a huge deal in and of it's self.
- I also realized this... You know you go to hair school if... You have 3 different types of shampoos and conditioners in your shower at one time. (Good thing I have my own shower..)
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
I found out tonight that one of my new, but closest guy friends is having a hard time in life. Not just because his grandpa AND dad are dying, but also because his Mom is struggling with depression. His brother went into Emergency heart surgery today... oh and He, himself possibly has testicular cancer. What the heck? He is still helping me through my day??? Listening to me complain about my "Lonnnng day" at school or how boring class was? What is my deal? His parents didn't even raise him. His grandparents did. I have awesome parents who supported me and still support me in following any of my dreams no matter how crazy they are. Why can't I just be happy in my life? My life isn't a breeze. I struggle daily to find happiness, but I think I need to look closer in my life and realize that I am lucky for my life and need to not take that for granted.
I also need to remember that I find most happiness when I am serving others. That is something that I haven't done in a real long time. And I need to start serving others so I can be happy. Whether that is selfish or not, I really don't care. But I feel better about my life when others around me are happy. So this weeks/ months goal is to serve others. And to try to make my new B.F.F. realize his happiness in his life.....
Friday, August 15, 2008
This is after the shot in my butt hit me. I was so happy. Probably a little too much. I told Kristin I wanted to eat clouds and I was trying to tip the bed at this point.....
Then Kristin quoted her dad about the "Death Clock"... "Ohhh... cool, the DEATH CLOCK!!!"
And last, but not least, the computer that kept Kristin sane. This computer said why everyone was in the ER. We learned the codes pretty quickly. Yes, I blocked mine out. Mine was embarressing.... sick!As much as I LOOOVED the E.R. I hope to never have to go back there. It wasn't fun. But I am sure it will be more fun to go to the E.R. rather than the OBGYN...... Boo!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
I am grateful for all my friends that are protective of me and deal with my stupidity. However, there are some people in this world that I can NOT stand and that is LAME people. Not lame as in they can't walk. Lame as in they are so stupid in their choices that they need to jump off a cliff in the next 24 hours and if they don't jump. I might push them! I HATE LAME PEOPLE!!!!!!!! And to all those lame-Os out there. DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously. Lame people include, but are not limited to, rapist, murderers, druggies, pedophiles, thief's, and other seriously lame, creepy acting people. You are ruining people's lives! Especially mine!!!!
Friday, August 8, 2008
I have been incredibly sick lately. Like, really, really bad. I have been way stressed out too. I can't pinpoint the stress. It's not work, it's not school, it's nothing in particular, but I think it's just everything together. So I went about a week where I couldn't eat, or sleep. And that is just NOT ME!!! So I was always low on energy and just depressed almost. The guys at work could NOT stand it. They kept asking me what's wrong and if I needed a hug or anything. They are so cute. They are all so protective of me and I love it. The other day we had a little drama at work and since I am the Manager now I have to deal with it and I got chewed out, bad timing on my boss's part but what can you do so I was sitting in the office checking my work e-mail and pulling my hair so it was blocking my face from everyone else. I was crying and didn't want them to know. So I finally stop crying and of course you can tell and Adam stops me and comes up to me and he usually isn't so lovey-dovey but he comes up to me wraps his arms around me and says, "I'll kill him! Who is he?" I laughed a little just walked away. Then JR saw me walking back over to the tanning salon and he literally sprinted so he could open the door for me and followed me into the tanning salon. As soon as we get in he stopped me and gave me this HUGE bear hug and was like "Whatever... they are dumb anyway. You are the coolest tanning manager... NO! The coolest, bestest, prettiest manager I think God ever made!" Awe..... then he said something hilarious and I started laughing. I just adore the guys I work with. They keep me sane and living my life each day. Thanks boys!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
- Aunt Becky and Nicole came to visit. (Check out Nicole's blog for more info). But it was a ton of fun. Temple Square was amazing.
- Meeting at work in which I had to yell at some girls and fire one, and possible two, but the other one quit. NOT FUN!!!!
- Some creepy guy sent me a way weird e-mail. He swears he is in love with me. Creepy. Apparently I am his "missing rib". Don't worry Mom, I reported him to Facebook and am staying far away from creepy Internet men!
- Pioneer day at work. Therefore we closed at 2pm. People were cranky. Here's a quote from Pioneer day.
Angry customer: "What the HELL is Pioneer day?"
Carlos: "It's the Mormon Christmas"
- Kristin and I went to The Dark Knight... aka BATMAN!!!!!!!! Sooooooo amazing!!!!! Loved it!!! I have a crush on Batman!
- During Batman there was a trailer for Twilight. YAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!! It was so good. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Went floating for the first time in a pool. I hated floating previous to this. However, it was very nice and relaxing. Although, I was a little sore afterwards.
- I was disappointed in Costco for the first time in my life. We go shopping there for work and the business membership we had I guess was frozen or something. And we tried to work around it, but the guys there were so rude. I was frustrated. Boo Costco!
- And last but not least. A guy came into work. I did the usual questions. Last name, first name? What would you like to do today? His response was a "free ruva". I looked at him in astonishment. Was he for real? I knew who this guy was. He didn't know me, but I had heard of him before. I said "excuse me??!?!" and he said again, "free ruva". I looked straight into his eyes and said "sorry, we don't have any of those here!" He was a little shocked and I totally went off on him. He seriously looked so surprised. I asked him what he would like to PAY for and he said a wolff. I took his $5 and put him in a bed. Seriously do guys think they could just sweet talk me and I will give them free tans?? Well if they do, they better think again, cuz ain't no one gonna sweet talk me into nothin!
Anyways, it's been a crazy week. Well, almost 2 weeks I guess. But it's been good. Breaking Dawn is coming out on Saturday and I am so excited for that. I can hardly wait!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Carlos was more excited than me, I think. After Kirk left Carlos (manager of the gym) asked me what was said blah, blah, blah. I told him and he was jumping up and down and hollerin like a crazy man. It was strange. Then he suggested we should celebrate. I reminded him I didn't drink. And he told me he meant dinner. I agreed held out my hand for the money (he thought I should pay because I got the raise... silly man. He makes 6 times what I make.. he should ALWAYS pay) so he handed me a $20 and we ate Cafe Rio... yummy!
Also. My title for this blog has some meaning behind it. In the 8th grade I won a contest and got to be principal for the day (yes that was the day that a huge earthquake hit Bellingham, we saw it as a sign that I shouldn't be a principal). Anyways the local newspaper came and did an article on me and why I chose that, or my other choice was a big stuffed animal and I said something along the lines I'd rather have power.... or something like that it may have said I like power. But my quote in the newspaper was "I like power". The next Sunday I had to give a talk in church, and the lady sitting next to me leans over and said "I like power too". My family thinks it's funny. Me, not so much. I was totally misquoted! RUDE! But it's definitely NOT a lie.. I do like power...
Monday, July 14, 2008
I passed the test!
What a glorious feeling it is when you pass a test that you have been preparing for, for over 2 years.
Nothing compares to this feeling. I feel like I am on top of the world! Thank-you Sharron for preparing me for this test, you are my Hero!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Monday, June 30, 2008
But I am home and the air conditioning got fixed while I was gone. My landlord got me a bed frame and I got a new roommate. Her name is Lisa she's from Japan. She is really nice. It was wonderful living by myself, like, really, really nice. But I am in college and I should have roommates. So it should be interesting. Ok, I need to go get a pedicure, my feet hurt so bad... too much walking!!!!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Notice all the condiments? Yeah... I like sacuces? Then Kendra took me grocery shopping.... She made sure I got food I could actually eat, so I wasn't allowed to buy any condiments....
So I bought some Dr. Pepper... so shoot me! I'm going to drink it either way. I am just doing it cheaper. It was $6 to buy 2 twelve packs, or it would be about $2.50 a day at the gas station to buy 2 32 oz. Dr. Peppers. I'm not going to lie, I like soda! Ok, so I even filled my cupboards... All 3 of them!!!!! Do I need 3? No, I could probably only use one. However, I can use all 3... so I did!
YAY for having food!!!!! It is so nice. I didn't have to decide on which restaurant I was going to eat at. Or which number I was going to have to get... and I didn't have to waste my money on it! YAY! This made my checking account... I mean week! Ok, it did both!! Thanks Kendra!!!!!! You're my hero!!!!!!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
So being in Beauty School is all about the hours, I swear. And that is the one thing I hate thinking of... the number of hours I have, the number of hours I've missed...uh... the number of hours I have left to get. It's all about the hours. So today I talked to Financial Aid because they had a big sign about re-applying for FASFA and I did NOT want to have to re-apply. I think it's horrible and pointless and I didn't want to have to have my Dad re-apply. (he he) Anyways! So I was talking to Lena (Financial Aid Advisor plus a real cool mom. I pretty much chill in her office). Lena gave me some good news... as of 4:3o p.m. Monday June 2, 2008 I have.... (Drum roll please!) 858 hours!!!!!!! Yay!!!! Go me!!!!! I should have a few more... but I have missed a few hours.... but. By mid July I will have hit the 1000 hour mark. Which is half way! In Utah you need 2000 hours. So I am getting close to the down hill part. Which is really exciting!! Therefore I have no idea how but if I hit 921 hours by a certain date I don't have to re-apply. And I will make it by like 2 weeks. So it was pretty exciting. It made me want to come early to school and stay late. (I will most likely lose that feeling pretty quickly!) So today I felt like I was conquering the hour phenomenon that causes so many future professionals so much stress. Because we can miss 160 hours free of charge. But, if we miss over 160 hours we have to pay $9.50 PER HOUR to make up. Kendra and I were looking today at how many hours people have missed. One person missed 1,455 hours. That equals $12,302.50 that, that person is going to have to pay extra to graduate. That is insane!! Welp, that will NOT be me! Because I have 858 hours... and tomorrow will be 865 hours! Yessssss! I will conquer those darn hours!