Thursday, July 3, 2008

Going to my HAPPY place

Ok, so here is an update about my little vacation that I went on. First off, we woke up BEFORE the crack of dawn and I had to be at Kendra’s at 4 am. UGH! Anyways of course I went to bed at 8 pm the night before. And by 8pm I mean 2 am. So I slept for like an hour and a half then got ready. I got my stuff out of my car and was putting it in Cindy’s car (Kendra’s mom) and my makeup spilt out of my bag and went everywhere. Well first off, 4am it’s still dark outside. So I was trying to get all of my make-up from under my car in the dark and using my cell phone as a light. THEN as I was bending over my button on my pants popped off. (Side note: Yes, I am thick skinned some say chubby, but these pants weren’t even tight!!! So I have no idea why the button popped off, but they did. Whatever). So this is how I started out the vacation. So I finally get all of my make-up and the popped off button and get in the car and fall asleep. I pretty much woke up when we were in Vegas. Then slept again till we hit Barstow, California and stopped to do some shopping. Then headed to the O.C. Our room in Laguna Beach was way nice. Our room was right on the beach. It was so relaxing an nice. After staying there for a few days we headed to Anehiem. But first we got lost in L.A. for a while. Called Kendra’s friend, Elias, to get directions. He asked where we were at. We told him and all he said was “Don’t get out of the car!” So we hurried out of the ghetto little town. Finally arriving at our hotel. After what was supposed to be a 45 minute drive that stretched over 4 ½ hours, yeah, we were ready to get into our next hotel room. But had some troubles with this dang hotel. First they gave us a room that was for handicapped people the shower was… something else. Not to mention the overwhelming smell that was protruding from the carpet, beds, curtains, etc. So we complained and got a new room. Except Cindy wanted one with a safe, so we complained again and were told we would just have to wait till tomorrow to get our ideal room. Wow. Anyways moving on, boring stuff happened, blah, blah, blah. Then the next day…. (drum roll please….) DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!
I was super excited for this! Of course the first ride we go on was Indiana Jones. Now when I was younger I went on this ride and it really scared me. I looked into the eye and it told us not to… and it just scared me. So when I was waiting in line for it my heart was pounding, palms sweaty. I was seriously nervous. But couldn’t freak out too much because Kendra’s 8 yr old daughter, Tawna was with us, so she kept asking if it was scary. So as I got on the ride I said a quick prayer to calm my pounding heart and help me face my fear. And all was well. The ride was fun and I faced my childhood fear! Yay for Me!

Ok this is really a picture of "Indiana Jones" he was fairly attractive... I'm not going to lie...

Disneyland is pretty much the happiest place on Earth, if only they would invest in some Dr. Pepper it would be so much happier. Oh and get a new Cinderella. The one that was there has some messed up teeth. And I don’t mean to be rude, but Cinderella is supposed to be this beautiful, amazing Princess, and she just… wasn’t. So that’s what I would change. Oh and also, I got my picture taken with Mickey… he’s way short, but it’s all good. So all in all I had a good trip. It was really exhausting, but good. I had fun. Thanks to Cindy and Kendra for inviting me to go and for making it possible for me to go!

3 comments:

Donna Chapin said...

I am glad that you had a good time in California!

Nicole said...

What Mickey Mouse is short! =)

Peter and Lesha said...

You look so good girl hope you are enjoying yourself. I read your blog and thought, she is to young to be going on vacation but I guess you grow up too:)