Tuesday, September 30, 2008

End of the Month

September has already come and gone. Crazy! What the heck happened? Remember when months felt like years and years felt like decades? What happened to that? I feel like my life is rushing past me and I can't even stop to catch my breathe! *SIGH* Anyways so every end of the month is usually stressful for me. I have a worksheet due the last day of the month at school and we have a goal to hit every month at work. So the last day is always busy. But not today! School today was good I had about 8 boxes left to do, which is kind of a lot but not to bad. Plus there was a teacher there that is pretty cool about signing stuff off without being a Nazi about it. So I gave Kendra a manicure and facial. She looked good, so I got those taken care of. I rolled a perm in 20 minutes. Wesley, my teacher, told me my perm looked like crap. Thanks Wesley! It's only because the doll head I was working on was missing chunks of hair, so really it wasn't my fault. I then busted out a finger wave in literally 4 minutes. I was proud then took a break for a while and had to write a paper on anything concerning cosmetology and then diagram a haircut and do a few more things that were all "paperwork" type stuff. It was 3 o'clock pm. Still had an hour and a half of school left. Plenty of time! I had just cleaned my kit, everything was nice and organized and I hear "TWEEEEELLLLVVVEEEE!!!" That's my student number, meaning I was getting a client. I was hoping it was just a eye brow arch or something quick. Nope a male haircut. So I get all my nicely clean stuff out and go and greet "Justin" so I get him draped and get my teacher to start me and start giving him his complementary 5 minute mini scalp massage and the guy goes to sleep!!! Uh.... So I didn't know what to do, so I continue for the 5 minutes and needed to hurry I had stuff to do, so I roll off of his head like we are supposed to and he jerks awake. And was so embarrassed. Now, normally I wouldn't care. Just wake up and make a joke or something... No, this guy was mortified! So I was his hair and start cutting it. And am stressing cuz I have stuff I need to do, I was done with all my cuts! Ahh... so I finish his haircut in 15 minutes. I've been speedy lately.... And go into the teacher's office to ask if I can turn my worksheet in a few minutes late cuz of my guest and I get a solid NO! And get a lecture or procrastination. I told them I have been practicing procrastination for almost 22 years now and am pretty good at it, no sense changing my life now. So I get straight to work and finish all my paperwork in 15 minutes. So this puts me at about 3:45pm. With 45 minutes to spare. I am completely done with my worksheet! Nice!

As I walked into work going to clock in Carlos, the manager of the gym puts his hand up to me like he was going to high five me. So, confusingly I high five him and he proceeds to tell me, Only two "clubs" out of 25 hit there monthly goal. Mine was one of them. And since I am in charge of my "club" at the manager meeting today, which I don't have to go to because of school I get the cliff notes from Carlos, I guess I got a lot of praise! YAY! Sadly, I don't get a monthly bonus because the company has to hit there combined monthly goal before anyone gets a bonus and we didn't hit it, but I guess Ron, (who is completely scary and I have never met) was saying some really good things, about how this is my first full month as manager and I stepped up to the plate and gone above and beyond what was expected of me. WOW! It made me feel pretty good.

Usually the last day of the month the clock is ticking and we are stressed trying to hit goal, and I have to hand in my worksheet. Life gets stressful. But were I did a lot on my worksheet yesterday and hit our gross goal sometime last week then hit our cash goal yesterday... it made tonight very relaxing. I'm thinking for next month I am going to try not to procrastinate as much.... well... we'll see!

No comments: