Sunday, August 30, 2009
Also, on a different note... remember how I am giving my sister, Nicole, the silent treatment? Welp, it is in FULL swing! She keeps texting me and calling me. I keep ignoring. She keeps telling me I am wearing down. Although I do want to talk to her I have to be strong. I must win this one... IT IS SOOO HARD THOUGH..... I do HATE when people give me the silent treatment. Maybe this is a bad idea. OH NO!! I am breaking.... HELP!
Well, this week is going to be good. I have to work Monday- Wednesday then Thursday I am going to the Seahawks game against the Raiders. I am going with work. We are going to spray paint fans hair then get box seats (whatever those are... ahaha). It should be fun. Thursday is then followed by Friday which I get off as well as Saturday AND Sunday. That is technically 4 days off! WOW!!!!! I am sure excited!!!
Saturday, August 29, 2009
P.S. Find those little girl's mother and smack her! You don't ask if you can bring in your girls that had lice to get their hair cut. That is the DUMBEST question I have ever heard! (Why are people soooo stupid???)
Your X Hairdresser...aka... Me
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Nextly, as many of you know... I don't understand the silent treatment. I have never been able to do the silent treatment to anyone. EVER. So the other day I called my dear sister Nicole. I asked her a secret. She did NOT tell me the secret (she blogged about it here) .... so..... since we were just talking about the silent treatment I thought it would only be appropriate to give her the silent treatment.... So I told her I would not talk to her for 1 month. It has been 4 days... I have picked up my phone about 15 times in the last 4 days to text her. It is killing me... however, I shall win...
Friday, August 21, 2009
Me and Pops
Wow... look at all that Action!
My Dad and Cotton Candy.. two things I love dearly...
As you walk down the horse barns this is what you see... horse after horse and all you see is their butts... cute eh?
Mini Cows... for mini burgers...Mt. Baker.... View from our seats at the Derby...All in all, it was the best day! Spending time with your family, watching cars crash into things and eating your years worth of calories in one day! Who could ask for a better day???
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
- I hate living alone... it's lonely......
- More to Love is my new favorite show.... I love Kristian, sometimes she's a lot other times she's just a big girl in love. Leave her alone ok?!?
- I miss Kristin Booth
- I think I am getting sick... boo
- Feeling out the whole Twitter thing... I think it's weird, yet kind of cool...
- I am so happy I took the job at Great Clips... I am making WAY more money than the most expensive/ nicest salon in Whatcom County... no scratch that in Washington
- Plus the people I work with are so freaking funny!
- It breaks my heart that sooo many people in Bellingham didn't have kids
- I made a 2 year old cry today during his hair cut
- I accidently cut a 12 yr old boy's ear. I said I was sooo sorry and he said he didn't even feel it... even tho it bleed... sorry bud!
- Did I mention I am lonely?
- I want to go on a reality tv show
- My boss and I are going on a diet/ workout program together
- My feet hurt so bad I want to cut them off becuz I think it would hurt less
- My face is breaking out.. ugh
- I get to hang out with Amanda tomorrow! Woo hoo!
- I am doing a class for YW tomorrow... hmmm what should I say??
- I <3>
Old man on Oxygen: "How you doing pretty lady?"
Me: "Pretty good, pretty good. How are you?"
Old Man: "Oh pretty good. Out of breath. Just had to walk from the car into here"
Me: "Oh ya. That gets me sometimes too"
Old Man: "Ya...."
(Lady that he walked in with says to him "Hey I'll be right back")
Old Man: "Ya whatever!"
Me: ".... uh... so you having a good summer so far"
Old Man: "No, the dang grandkids are so annoying! And my wife is dying!"
Me: "Oh. I am sorry to hear that..."
Old Man: "Ya. That wasn't her. That lady. That's my girlfriend"
Me: "Oh! How long have you been dating her?"
Old Man: "oh for a while now. My wife had a stroke 15 years ago and I knew she would never fully recover. So.. I figured I should start looking for a new ball and chain..."
Jordan (5 1/2 year old)....
Jordan: "That's me!"
Me: "Hi sweetie. My name is Michelle. What are we going to do to your hair today?"
Jordan: "Well, my mommy got sad at me. Cuz I cut my own hair last night... So can you fix it please?"
Me: "Why yes I can. Let's take a look at what you did..."
(Realizing she cut her bangs to the scalp...)
Me: "Well, I think we should just give you bangs on the opposite side... like this... what do you think Jordan?"
Jordan: "Oh YES!!! I love it! Wow! Michelle you are amazing! I love how beautiful you made me!"
20 year old scruffy kid... named Jim...
Me: "So what are we doing today to you?"
Jim: "Make me look like Brad Pitt!"
Me: "Ok, you know we only cut hair here right?"
Jim: "Ya, I already got the looks. I just need to trim down the hair to look likes his."
Me: "............. ok............"
Dad with his two kids sitting behind us while I was cutting dad's hair...
Dad: "Boys stop playing with those chairs!"
Younger Boy: "My brother started it!"
Dad: "Well you both stop!"
(Boys still playing with the chair)
Dad: "I told you guys to stop! Do you wanted to be grounded for a week??"
Younger Boy: "No! I am sorry I accidently put my foot there."
Dad: "How would you like it if I put MY foot somewhere?"
All in a days work....
Friday, August 7, 2009
- Gus fell off the bed last night... then was embarrassed about it
- I've cut myself (during a haircut) more in the last 3 days than the last 2 YEARS
- I got my other license today! So now I have a barbering license too!
- Aunt Becky taught me how to play Yaztee and I got a Yaztee
- Gus brought me all of his squeaky toys last night and squeaked all of them at once
- I took a sleeping pill at 2am and prayed I would wake up by 7:30am and I did
- I am doing really well at my job.. better than some of the other employees that have been there a year
- I took Gus to go potty and I kept saying "Go Potty Gus" and he faked going potty just so he could go back inside this morning because he was cold
- My dad bought tickets to the demolition derby... both derbies!
- Someone stopped Mom on the street in Las Vegas
- Bahaha the last one makes me laugh just in itself....
- But seriously someone stopped my mom on the street in LV to compliment her on her hair... I did her hair :)
- Seeing people I know come into work and cutting their hair
- Cotton Candy ice cream
- Love Story by T. Swizzle and other sappy loves songs
- Feeling the urge to pray for safety on the way home from Aunt Becky's and missing a deer by only 10 feet and being completely safe... PRAY WORKS!
You get the point... I have a lot of things to be grateful for! :) P.S. Gus is my Aunt Marilyn's dog I am house/ dog sitting right now. He is incredibly high maintenance and very dramatic!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
- Fun, friendly atomosphere
- Lots of walk-ins
- Better hourly pay
- Better incentives
- Nice co-workers
- Friendly Manager
- They offer Health and Dental
The things I didn't like about Great Clips....
- It's Great Clips....
- They don't do colors or any chemical service....
- They don't wash hair before a cut....
- They don't style the hair after the cut....
- I would have to work every other Sunday for 2 months then have them off after that...
So the good definitely outweighs the bad... So on Wednesday aka Today I had an interview at Regis. I went in and here are the pros and cons...
- It's Regis... aka nicer salon
- They offer Health, Dental AND Vision
- Better experience
- They do the whole package.. wash hair, cut AND style hair
- They only pay on commission and it's 40% (ps that is NOT a lot!) or minimal wage which ever is greater... (still not a lot)
- The manager would NOT make eye contact with me during the interview
- The girls seem snuddy when I walked into the salon for my interview
- I would be the lowest person in the salon, so I would be the last one to get walk-ins
- You aren't supposed to do hair outside of work... they want them to come in and pay...
- I would have to work every Sunday for a year. No matter what.
So Regis had more Cons then Pros.... Hmmm... so I sat in the car and prayed, counseled with my parents and decided to go with Great Clips... and here is why.... I can still do colors outside of work at my house. And KEEP all of the money. No paying an outsider. Plus Great Clips will teach me how to have speed. Which I am not gonna lie, is something I lack as of right now... So I walked into Great Clips to figure out exactly how much I would make an hour. And as soon as I did everyone was so welcoming to me! And I sat down to fill out some paperwork and just knew this would be better! So she figured out what my exact pay would be and it is more hourly than I have ever made in my life. Plus I would be getting commission AND tips on top of that! After everything I would make almost double at Great Clips compared to Regis... Double? Yes. Double! So after realizing this I knew the choice was simple! So I had my orientation today and I start tomorrow! I am not even nervous for my first day! So I think it will be good. And not to mention it is humbling. Because not going to lie. I used to make fun of people that work at Hair Masters, Great Clips, cheap hair places like that. Little did I know... they make more money than people just starting out...
So anyways moral of this story is that I have a job at Great Clips. And it's not because I suck at doing hair. It's because I am only working to get money... lots and lots of money... But really aren't we all just working for the money?
Monday, August 3, 2009
- She is creative
- She loves laughing and having a good time
- She is beautiful
- She is VERY neat and organized
- She is a hard worker
- She is very giving
- She always dedicates blogs to everyone else
- She gives the most thoughtful gifts
- She has a great sense of humor
- She acts like a kid
- She is a brilliant young lady
- She names things (i.e. Big Red)
- She works hard for her money
- She has tiny fingers
- She has a beautiful smile
- She trusted me to cut her hair during beauty school
- She can sew
- She has a testimony of the Gospel of Christ
- She graduated from BYU-I with a degree in Psychology
- She helps her friends with their projects
- She LOVES projects
- She lives in Las Vegas (last place I pictured her)
- She loves the color Red
- She has always been there for me when I needed someone
- She loves her family
- She is the best big sister in the entire world!
I love you Nicole! Hope you had a Birthday Blast!!!!