Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I want to talk about it....

Ok, so today has been.... well... a pretty crazy day. It started off pretty normal, ya know, hit the snooze a few times, wake up, hurry to get ready and head out the door. Then, school went by a little fast so that was weird. Then I got this phone call from this freaky guy. I think he just had the wrong number. I didn't answer but he left me a voicemail. Anyways, after school I went to work and started my crazy day there. The other manager was there when I got there so I talked to her about how to better the salon. She had, had some complaints about our bulbs, because they are pretty old. Basically just chit chat. Then this new girl I hired came into work, but showed up in a tank top. I felt bad because yesterday she wore pretty short shorts and I had to tell her not to wear them anymore. But because we were closed yesterday it wasn't that big of a deal. But today we were open and tank tops are just a no go. So someone dropped her off and she goes and clocks in. I took her to the side after she clocked in and explained our dress code. It's pretty laid back. But not THAT much. She calls someone to bring her a shirt and everything is fine. THEN, she tells me about her night she had last night.... She had a warrant out for her arrest because of an unpaid speeding ticket. And got pulled over on her way to work for expired registration (at this point the cop could have arrested her and impounded the car, he did neither because she started crying because she was late for work -1st day- so he let her off when her dad came). Then after work last night she locked her keys in her car. Later she had went to Wendy's with her brother to get some grub. On the way home they got pulled over in her brother's car. At which point that cop decided to arrest her, and her brother for some sort of something. So they both went to jail last night. Their bail was $200 a piece and their parents were in a huge fight so neither of them wanted to come bail them out. So her boyfriend bails her out at 3 am this morning. She goes home and moves out of her parents house.... needless to say she had a busy night/day. Work happens. It was just a weird feeling. Then, Ari goes to get dinner for me. She gets me a salad from Costa Vida (I'm a huge fan of Cafe Rio now BTW!!!!!!) So I was happy she got me this salad and I was eating it happy as can be. Then all of the sudden I go to tear off a piece of tortilla, ya know, it's good in the ranch and I see this black thing... yes, a fly was baked in the tortilla...........Sick huh????? So don't you worry I called and complained a little and got like 3 free meals! Go me! Then I stayed after talking to the other manager some more about everything corporate can see on our computer... which is a lot. I am planning on scaring my girls with it. But then I get a text from the girl that is supposed to open tomorrow. Saying that her husband filed for divorce and she was served with the papers today. Sad. I feel so bad for her. So now she can't work tomorrow so I had to quickly find someone to work for her. Which I couldn't find someone to work the whole shift so I have to open tomorrow morning. UGH. Oh well. THEN I get home to check my facebook and e-mail and all that good stuff and I have an e-mail from my landlord stating that I owed her almost $100 for utilities for the last few months. I have never had to pay utilities, which has been nice, except for now I have to dish out $100. Which, I DON'T have. Thanks for asking! I was already counting my pennies trying to find a way to make rent this month plus go to the doctor, plus put gas in my car and the oil needs to be changed. Oh wait. All of that costs money. And... money is the one thing I don't have. Weird how that works! So, all of this adding up just gave me a LOT of anxiety. I really want to throw up right now, and not just because I ate a fly infested salad. .... sick!

2 comments:

Lee-Ann and James Miller said...

whoa that is a huge plate full of not so fun stuff. i'm sorry. but at least you know that things will get betters soon. your karma will kick into play soon i'm sure. hopefully it kicks in for those other girls too. poor things.

Nicole said...

Sick a fly! i hate flies. I hope tomorrow isn't as fun filled as today was for you.