Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I like Power!!!!!!

I had a meeting today at work. It went well. I was nervous but for stupid reasons. I mean, it's not like they could fire me. Well they could, but that would be seriously a very stupid move on their part. The meeting with Kirk... Was nice. I got a promotion and a raise. However, I don't have to do anything more or less than I already am. Basically they just gave me the tittle and raise, with a possibility of monthly bonuses. YAY! Also. I get a gold's gym e-mail account. You know you are official when you get your own e-mail. So that was pretty exciting. Also, there is still someone right above me, but she said she sees us as equals, so she won't boss me around, and her responsibility is the numbers and the boring stuff like that. So if for some reason we do something wrong or not well enough, she gets in trouble... not me! So I am the manager/ supervisor of Provo Gold'n Tan. YESSSSSSSSSS.

Carlos was more excited than me, I think. After Kirk left Carlos (manager of the gym) asked me what was said blah, blah, blah. I told him and he was jumping up and down and hollerin like a crazy man. It was strange. Then he suggested we should celebrate. I reminded him I didn't drink. And he told me he meant dinner. I agreed held out my hand for the money (he thought I should pay because I got the raise... silly man. He makes 6 times what I make.. he should ALWAYS pay) so he handed me a $20 and we ate Cafe Rio... yummy!

Also. My title for this blog has some meaning behind it. In the 8th grade I won a contest and got to be principal for the day (yes that was the day that a huge earthquake hit Bellingham, we saw it as a sign that I shouldn't be a principal). Anyways the local newspaper came and did an article on me and why I chose that, or my other choice was a big stuffed animal and I said something along the lines I'd rather have power.... or something like that it may have said I like power. But my quote in the newspaper was "I like power". The next Sunday I had to give a talk in church, and the lady sitting next to me leans over and said "I like power too". My family thinks it's funny. Me, not so much. I was totally misquoted! RUDE! But it's definitely NOT a lie.. I do like power...

2 comments:

Nicole said...

LOL!! I know how you just love power! I guess YOU are buying ME dinner when I come down!

Donna Chapin said...

You make me laugh - congratulations! I think your quote is so fitting.
Love ya!
Mom