Sunday, June 15, 2008

Daddy's little girl

Since today is Father's Day it's only appropriate if I dedicate this Blog to my Dad! I am pretty sure that I have the best day in the world. I love him so much. I am a Daddy's little girl. I always look to him for advice and he always has it for me. I can call him up at anytime and ask him about anything. He always has the answer ( because he knows everything). Let's go on a stroll down memory lane... Beware my dad is the best....
8th Grade: My class went on a camping trip to Mt. St. Helen's. And my dad decided he was going to borrow my grandpa's van and take down a van full of me and my friends (all of which were girls). I'm not sure if he realized what he was in for. But one time when we stopped for gas one of my friends went to the bathroom and realized she had just gotten her period... for the first time. None of us had anything for her and she was freaking out a little on what we should do. I mean, we were in 8th grade and camping. Of course, none of us had any money or anything for this poor girl. As the 7 of us girls were talking in the bathroom what we were going to do for our friend they were so worried. There was nothing to do. I kept telling them it would be ok, my dad could just get us stuff. They thought that was a ridiculous idea. It's MY DAD. We can't talk to him about that. I just said "sure I can" and walked right up to him and told him the situation. He said go get what we needed and he'll pay for it. WHAT A TROOPER!!
Senior Year: Choir Tour: My Mom and Dad went as chaperone's. And at first I wasn't so sure how this was all going to go down. But it ended up being so much fun. My parents were known as the coolest parents. Which is awesome. My dad had all the boys in awe at how cool he was.
Now: Now I just realize that I am becoming my father's daughter more and more. The things I say the the things I do... I am my father's daughter.
My dad is honestly, the most amazing person I have ever met. And I think this is why Nicole and I are still single. Because we haven't found a guy yet that even closely compares to how amazing our dad is. He has sent the standard pretty high. He has told me about his life growing up and has told me that the key to bettering the world and life is to take the good and keep it and change the bad and turn it into good. So if there was something that he didn't like on how he was raised then he would change it when he was raising us. And he told me to do the same thing. Honestly, I probably won't change much. I think my parents did a pretty good job raising Nicole... and me.
All in all, my dad is my hero. If I could be half of the person he is I would feel wonderful about life. My dad is a great example of how to be happy in life. He serves anyone and everyone with a smile on his face. And not many people can do that. He is always giving. He is so supportive of everything I ever wanted to do in life. Even when I wanted to be on the Varsity Kickball team. He always told me to follow my dreams. My parents are the reason why I am in Beauty School right now. If it wasn't for my parents encouraging me I would never have started nor would I finished. But I did start and I WILL finish. They are sacrificing so much for me to go to school. And I am so grateful for them. Because of them I am going to follow my dreams and reach them. Thanks Dad for everything! I love you so much and miss you! Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

We do have the best Dad in the world! I think you are on to something about why we are STILL Single. =) Mom & Dad do always support us! I forgot about you wanting to be on the varsity kickball team. Love you!