Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hours, Hours, Hours, Hoursssssssssss

So being in Beauty School is all about the hours, I swear. And that is the one thing I hate thinking of... the number of hours I have, the number of hours I've missed...uh... the number of hours I have left to get. It's all about the hours. So today I talked to Financial Aid because they had a big sign about re-applying for FASFA and I did NOT want to have to re-apply. I think it's horrible and pointless and I didn't want to have to have my Dad re-apply. (he he) Anyways! So I was talking to Lena (Financial Aid Advisor plus a real cool mom. I pretty much chill in her office). Lena gave me some good news... as of 4:3o p.m. Monday June 2, 2008 I have.... (Drum roll please!) 858 hours!!!!!!! Yay!!!! Go me!!!!! I should have a few more... but I have missed a few hours.... but. By mid July I will have hit the 1000 hour mark. Which is half way! In Utah you need 2000 hours. So I am getting close to the down hill part. Which is really exciting!! Therefore I have no idea how but if I hit 921 hours by a certain date I don't have to re-apply. And I will make it by like 2 weeks. So it was pretty exciting. It made me want to come early to school and stay late. (I will most likely lose that feeling pretty quickly!) So today I felt like I was conquering the hour phenomenon that causes so many future professionals so much stress. Because we can miss 160 hours free of charge. But, if we miss over 160 hours we have to pay $9.50 PER HOUR to make up. Kendra and I were looking today at how many hours people have missed. One person missed 1,455 hours. That equals $12,302.50 that, that person is going to have to pay extra to graduate. That is insane!! Welp, that will NOT be me! Because I have 858 hours... and tomorrow will be 865 hours! Yessssss! I will conquer those darn hours!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

GO FACE!!! You are almost there! Keep going! Love you! oh, and I really am in need of some hair attention. So, keep practicing!