Thursday, June 12, 2008

Blonder-ish?/ That's where they are at!!!! (Secondhand Serenade Concert!)

So Kendra reminded me the other day that we should probably both get our hair did before going to California. Which was a good idea. So, I thought I should just put a little more blond in. Some more highlights... ya know just be lighter for the summer.... yep. I am! I am blonder-ish. As you can see here, I am definitely blonder.



I didn't expect it to be this blond just because after putting the lightener on my hair and checking it and realizing it was "pee yellow" as everyone liked to refer to it and pumpkin orange I didn't think it was going to turn out at all. However the wonderful invention of toner saved my hair.. literally. So after toning it, it turned out to be a beautiful golden blonder-ish color. So far in beauty school, every time I do my hair something doesn't turn out right and ends up having to be fixed. But we always end up being able to fix it so that is all that really matters right?


Ok, more about this week I have had/ will be having. Yesterday I went to my very first concert. I went to Secondhand Serenade.... AMAZ-AZ-Zing!!!!!!! It was so much fun and so good. Kendra and I went. (Big shocker there!) And a teacher from my school went with her 2 daughters and so she saved us these seats way in the back. So we just chilled while the opening acts were going on and what not but as soon as they came on stage we hit the crowd and watched the amazing show a little closer up. It was really, really good. I was impressed and from far away the singer, looks fairly attractive. But when you get a close-up... he has the CHEEEEEESIEST smile I have ever seen. So after the concert Kendra was cold but I wanted to stay and get a picture with them so she toughed it out and let me have my fun. So I talked to the manager of Secondhand Serenade because there were 4 tables put in a square and about 300 people standing around them. So I went and asked him if the band was really going up there to sign autographs and he said "oh yeah... uh will you go spread the word?" in a really dumb I'm high kinda voice. And so I just looked and him and looked past him realizing the band was right there. So I called someone that was up in the mass of people. Mind you all these people are crowded around 4 EMPTY tables. So I figure why stand up there waiting. Why not go backstage with the band and hang out? So Kendra and I sneak around backstage behind the cars and trailer.... haha and go and there was a girl I knew so I started talking to her who was talking to the guitarist and he started talking to me. It was so cool. So ya know I was just chilling with the band. Then I thought I would go talk to the singer, and as soon as I got up to him I could tell he wasn't going to be any fun to talk to. So I took a quick couple pictures and went back to talk to this other guy. Who actually had a personality. So the moral of my story and experience at my first concert is not to follow the crowd. Screw the crowd. If you want to meet the band, go backstage no duh... that's where they are at!!!
That is all as of right now... more to come for this week as I pick up Bri and Heidi tomorrow!!! YAY for reunions!!!!!!!!

No comments: