Monday, September 15, 2008

NOTICE

My Dad always told me any excuse is as good as any other. So think of an excuse for why I haven't posted a blog in about 6 years and accept it and let's move on. No, but in all seriousness, work and school have both been really busy and my Internet has not been working, so those are some excuses that hopefully will be acceptable. Anywho... here is an update on my life in the last little while.....
  • My power, gas, water, etc. got turned off last week due to my landlord "forgetting" to pay the bills. Cool.... NOT! It was actually really funny because I am gone all day long anyways all I do is sleep and shower there during the week and so both of my roommates were freaking out and calling me trying to figure everything out. They wanted to have a meeting with me after I got off work. Except for I don't get home until after midnight. They made it until 10pm before they called me and told me they were going to sleep and they'd leave a flashlight out for me. What sweet girls! So I got home tripped over my floor (or the piles on it...) and went to bed. The next morning I woke up went back to the gym (aka work) and showered and got ready there. Not a big deal. I'm not sure what they did. But the next day the power was back on and all is well.
  • My parents upgraded our cell phone plan so now we all have unlimited texts. And I need to give a shout-out to my Momma who sent her very first text message and figured it out all by herself! Way to go, Mom!
  • BYU is back in session, yes I know it started almost a month ago, but maybe that is part of my excuse for why I haven't blogged in a while. With BYU back in session it pretty much means Provo has been revived. Provo is pretty dead in the summer time, so now with all those "Mormon kids" as my boss calls them we are finally busy at work. About time!
  • Someone was stabbed at the Orem IHop this last weekend, with a pair of scissors... That is our IHop. I immediately texted Steve to make sure he was aware and he looked up the story. Next time I got to IHop I will be armed with my scissors, just in case (and mine are a heck of a lot sharper)!
  • I made my first budget! I feel like such a grown-up! Now the tricky part is sticking to it....
  • Today was chore day. Yes, it was the Sabbath, but I have been so busy I hadn't had any time to get anything done.... so today I cleaned my room, spotless. And when I say room, really I have to clean 3, my bedroom, my closet, and my bathroom. But it's completely clean and I only have 2 loads (out of 6)... (I don't want to talk about it...) left! YAY! Oh and I went grocery shopping. I'm repenting, but I needed to get it done. I am starting my diet tomorrow and I can't be on diet if I am eating out every meal. It just doesn't work. Anyways so my room is clean, which is a huge deal in and of it's self.
  • I also realized this... You know you go to hair school if... You have 3 different types of shampoos and conditioners in your shower at one time. (Good thing I have my own shower..)
Ok, I think that's it for now. If I think of anything exciting I will be sure to post it. Sorry for taking 6 years to post. Hopefully I will be better at this....

No comments: