Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Quotes...

We get some pretty interesting people in at Great Clips. Here are a few examples of the convos I have during the day....

Old man on Oxygen: "How you doing pretty lady?"
Me: "Pretty good, pretty good. How are you?"
Old Man: "Oh pretty good. Out of breath. Just had to walk from the car into here"
Me: "Oh ya. That gets me sometimes too"
Old Man: "Ya...."
(Lady that he walked in with says to him "Hey I'll be right back")
Old Man: "Ya whatever!"
Me: ".... uh... so you having a good summer so far"
Old Man: "No, the dang grandkids are so annoying! And my wife is dying!"
Me: "Oh. I am sorry to hear that..."
Old Man: "Ya. That wasn't her. That lady. That's my girlfriend"
Me: "Oh! How long have you been dating her?"
Old Man: "oh for a while now. My wife had a stroke 15 years ago and I knew she would never fully recover. So.. I figured I should start looking for a new ball and chain..."

Jordan (5 1/2 year old)....

Me: "Jordan?"
Jordan: "That's me!"
Me: "Hi sweetie. My name is Michelle. What are we going to do to your hair today?"
Jordan: "Well, my mommy got sad at me. Cuz I cut my own hair last night... So can you fix it please?"
Me: "Why yes I can. Let's take a look at what you did..."
(Realizing she cut her bangs to the scalp...)
Me: "Well, I think we should just give you bangs on the opposite side... like this... what do you think Jordan?"
Jordan: "Oh YES!!! I love it! Wow! Michelle you are amazing! I love how beautiful you made me!"

20 year old scruffy kid... named Jim...

Me: "So what are we doing today to you?"
Jim: "Make me look like Brad Pitt!"
Me: "Ok, you know we only cut hair here right?"
Jim: "Ya, I already got the looks. I just need to trim down the hair to look likes his."
Me: "............. ok............"

Dad with his two kids sitting behind us while I was cutting dad's hair...

Dad: "Boys stop playing with those chairs!"
Younger Boy: "My brother started it!"
Dad: "Well you both stop!"
(Boys still playing with the chair)
Dad: "I told you guys to stop! Do you wanted to be grounded for a week??"
Younger Boy: "No! I am sorry I accidently put my foot there."
Dad: "How would you like it if I put MY foot somewhere?"

All in a days work....