Monday, July 23, 2012

The power of 3s

So people say deaths come in 3s and I totally believe that and we hit our 3rd death today... so death can go away for a while. Please and thank-you! So the first death I heard about was my co-workers dad. When I heard that Bart (our maintance supervisor, man who remodeled my salon!) lost his father I was so sad for him. I went to his funeral today in support of Bart. I had never met his father, but knew Bart would need the love and support so I went. As I was sitting there listening to his eulogy and the things people were saying about him were so nice. He sounded like a fantastic man who loved God, his family and his country. He lived a long and full life and today was truly a celebration. When a family member got up and spoke of the Plan of Salvation (Confused... go HERE) it really clicked. I have such a strong testimony of the Plan of Salvation and how great of a joy to be an eternal family. I realize in this plan I someday need to get married. As I was listening to this talk he mentioned something about angels and how we have them here on Earth with us. And I also have a huge testimony of that. I believe everything happens for a reason. I also believe that God knows who we are and knows our needs. I know that death is not something to take lightly, but it comforts me to know that we will not be taken before our time. And it also scares me to know that we don't really have control over death. It is not something that we can avoid really. (I hope that makes sense... just go with me here.) So then yesterday, Sunday, the Sabbath day. I go pick up my friend, Tia for church. We discuss how another one of our co-workers had put on facebook that a friend of hers was killed. Sad, but this is number 2. So I saw her at church and sat with her. Of course she was a hot mess. I talked to her after church and realized it was her ex-boyfriend who she just broke up with 2 months ago and didn't leave on good terms. She has been so sad and regretted how she left things with him. I did what I could yesterday to ease her burdens and still keep her and Bart in my prayers. Ok, so today I find out on facebook that a girl I went to beauty school with was murdered in California. How horrible. I feel so bad. My heart is seriously torn right now. I felt so much comfort at the funeral today. I realized God knows what He is doing, but then to realize how many deaths just happened is really sad. I guess I am grateful for my testimony of the Plan of Salvation and grateful I realize that this isn't the end. When we die, only our body dies. Our spirit still lives. Plus with the shootings in Colorado.. this weekend had been a sad one. So this weekend I have learned some very valuable lessons. Lesson number 1: never leave someone on bad terms. Number 2: Always say I love you. Number 3: Never take a single day for granted. And number 4: having faith is very important and helps out a lot.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh!! What a sad post, but comforting at the same time with our knowledge of the plan of salvation!! I went in for an interview with the Stk. President yesterday and he told me I should get married or date....wait that would be the wrong order haha ;) prolly going thru the temple next month when Ty gets back!!

Nicole said...

Grateful for the gospel in our lives! Sorry to hear about your friends...