Friday, July 13, 2012

No Man is an Island...

But right now I feel kinda like I am on an island... and I am all alone. I do have to say that most of the time I like my independence and freedom. However, whenever I am sick, that is when I want to be home and have my mom, dad and sister taking care of me. I got my wisdom teeth out on Thursday. I obviously couldn't drive myself there. So I had two of my co-workers take me and they brought me home. They dropped me off at my door and I came up to my apartment and got myself some medicine and changed my cotton swabs and got myself into bed. A few hours later my friend stopped by with her boyfriend and brought me a sno cone. And then a few hours later I called a friend to bring me something to eat. So she came like an hour later (please note that I hadn't eaten in like 12 hours and was STARVING!!!) and finally brought me some mashed potatoes and stayed for like 3 minutes and ran home to her kids. Now I know I can't expect people to drop their lives and take care of me. And I know people have their own lives and are super busy. I am extremely grateful for everyone for doing things for me. However, there are a few times in my life where I just wish I had someone to take care of me. Like someone who just loves me and feels sad that I am in pain and just wants to make me happy. Having to drive myself to Wal-Mart this morning to get my meds sucked. I was in pain but no one was going to get them for me... so I just had to do it. I am sure I am just having a pity party for myself. But I mean I did get my wisdom teeth out yesterday and no one has even come to check on me. I guess sometimes being so independent sucks. And sometimes you just want your mommy.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

if I were closer I'd come check on you, bring you lots of jello and ice cream and get your meds :) maybe sometime they'll invent a way to to that over the phone. happy healing!!

Nicole said...

I wish I was there...