Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Stupid Rules!

So I have never been one to be told what to do and just accept it. I always ask Why? And then if for some reason if I don't agree with it, I don't comply. I just don't. That's just who I am.

(Example A)
There is a written/unwritten rule saying you can't paint the walls in BYU approved housing. I thought that was dumb. Kristin Booth and I both thought a Red accent wall would look so good in our apartment. However this went against the STUPID RULE....
Yes, as you can see... We didn't follow that rule. However, we did get permission to paint the wall before we did it. And we did leave it red after we left....
(Example B)
Last Thursday when we went to the Seahawks game I was going to get some garlic fries (yum!) and asked if anyone else wanted something while I was up. Being the nice person I am.... And my boss asked for a beer. She asked me if that was ok, not wanting to offend me. I said it would be fine. I have no problem. She has her agency. So I took my I.D. (because I am of age to buy alcoholic beverages) and went on my way. I ordered my garlic fries and a bud light, or so I thought. The older gentleman asked to see my I.D. I showed it to him. No biggie. WRONG! He cleared his throat and said the following "Oh geez. Ok, well I am really sorry but I can't actually sell you this beer...." I shot a death glare at him and asked why not?! He then called over his manager and asked her. She explained to me quite possibly the dumbest rule of all... Since my license is vertical not horizontal they can't sell me alcohol. Even though I am almost 23 years old. I got heated really fast, as I tend to do when hearing a STUPID RULE. I collected myself, apologized to the nice old man and thanked him for explaining. He ended up giving me a free garlic fry for any inconvenience. What a sweet old man. However, the manager then told me no one would sell me alcohol in the whole stadium. I turned around walked a way and said "ya... we'll see..."
That my friends, was a Mike's Hard Lemonade, which I BOUGHT with showing my VERTICAL I.D. Please note that I only purchased this drink, but did not consume. :)


(Example C)
Today I got ready for work, it was a little stormy out still this morning so I thought I could pull out my favor shoes of all time. My Ugg Boots (ok they are like bearpaw or some brand like that...) anyways. They are comfy, warm and slip ons. Who could ask for better shoes? So I wear a black jumper black leggings and my black ugg boots. I am at work and about half way through the day my boss says to me "Oh by the way... you're not allowed to wear those boots..." I just stood there for a second... I was so confused. I looked her straight in the eyes and said "Why not?" She laughed and told me I sound like her kids. I was completely serious though. So I went and got her the "list" of approved clothes to wear at work. Boots are on the approved list for shoes. She didn't have any answers for me. All she said was we got docked points when we got our corporate evaluation because one of the girls was wearing ugg boots.

As you can see this isn't a picture of me wearing my ugg boots at work... yet. But I think it is a stupid rule and needs to be fixed... I will find a way to fix this rule!

No comments: