Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Lovin' had me a blast!

Summer has been AWESOME! I have seriously had so much fun. Don't get me wrong there has been some lows in it, but I mean I look back and the good parts have DEFINITELY outweighed the bad! I feel like Michelle again. I think after the winter semester when I was so busy with school and what not and fell for a boy that ended up making me so mad it made me realize why I don't date boys. I date men and sadly good ole Rexburg is lacking in the MEN department. Anyways I had a really hard winter and it got me into this weird funk. I was faking it until I made it. And I finally feel happy again. I have met some amazing new friends that make me so happy and love spending time with and they have gotten to know the real me, not the one who hid behind others, because let’s be honest here, my personality couldn’t shouldn’t be hidden behind anyone/thing. And I was really struggling on why anyone would want to hang out with me. I felt like I had to hang out with my old friends because they already loved me, and new ones wouldn’t. WOW. I felt ridiculous saying that, maybe I should have said it long ago. My boss/ friend/ current roommate, Jeanne gave me some pretty good advice the other day… it relates to the men department so my mom will be happy about this.. She told me that when a guy texts me to hang out/ calls or whatever his form of communication and asks to do something, he means me… not my posse! Haha I loved hearing that. And if you know Jeanne you can just hear her saying the words. She is very type A personality and I love her to death! She is right though. I guess even though I pretend to have the world’s biggest ego/ self esteem, let’s be real people, I don’t. And there have been males in the past that have taken away from my lower than average self esteem, which doesn’t help and I know that someday they will be held accountable for those invisible tears that I shed. The moral of this story is that I have had a huge self esteem boost this summer, because someone told me the other night that I was a 6 ½ looks wise, but my personality made me a 9. I will take that! Thank you to that man, who was feeling under the weather, but that means to me, even if you aren’t the prettiest girl in the room, you can still have an amazing personality and let’s be honest, the personality is what really counts! I have really learned a lot about myself and I love it. BEST. SUMMER. EVERRRRRRRR

No comments: