Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Kids these days...

So I never realized how big of an influence I was on the family I am nannying. The girls are absolutely amazing and I love spending time with them but by the weekend let's be real its time for a break. I feel like the girls need a break from me and vice versa. So last weekend I went in a mini road trip to Utah with my girl Kelsy... We had a blast! But when I got home late Sunday night the girls were in bed. So I didnt get to see the girls until after school on Monday. The middle child git home and I asked her for a hug just like any other day and she avoided the question like crazy. I kept asking throughout the day and she kept ignoring me. So finally her mom stepped in and asked why she wouldnt hug me. She the 7 year old said she was mad at me for leaving for the whole weekend and not giving her a big goodbye. Talk about breaking your heart. I felt terrible. Later that night as I was tucking her in I apologized and told her next time if I leave and she misses me all she has to do is call me and I will drop whatever I am doing to talk to her. She then said she just loves me and wants to spend time with me... It just melts my soul to hear these beautifullittle ladies talk and think so highly of me...

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I miss you too and I understand how she could love you so much.

Donna Chapin said...

I love you too! And I miss you.
Love
Mom