Friday, July 10, 2009

So maybe a 66 year old can out "construction" me...

So on Sunday at church I was offered a little side job to help an old-er lady in our ward with some "house work". It paid, and frankly, I haven't had a job for... some time now so the money would be nice. I agreed and was under the impression it was only going to be on Monday for a few hours. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!! I have been there all week. We are getting her house ready to be appraised tomorrow. 3pm is our deadline. Wow. This lady is CRAZY and not like nutso she might kill you, but like superwoman. She works on her house everyday but Sunday for 15 hours a day. She tiles, roofs, paints, scrubs, resurfaces, textures, and much much more. And when she said it was "house work" she lied. Well, I guess TECHNICALLY she didn't lie. We are doing work and it is on the house. I just thought she meant more cleaning. Ya know, mop the floor, wash the windows, scrub some toilets. Not, take out the grout in between the tiles in my laundry room and on the kitchen counters with this one inch blade. But, I can now re tile a floor OR counter. I also am pretty good at getting out rings in bathtubs. Just give me the right chemicals and magic happens. Anyways, I have worked for her everyday this week and it has been rough on my body. I have been so tired when I leave her home that I pretty much want to die. But I find a way to get me home (it's usually a diet coke). Shareen (aka Superwomen) has like 13 kids (some biological and some adopted) 11 of which are living. She is one of the most spiritual people I have ever met. I am glad I got to work with her this week even though I accidentally complained everyday. Here are some things that at first annoyed me, but I have grown to love about her....
  • She calls whatever we are doing on the house, no matter what it is "Construction" even tools... she calls tools construction
  • She is hard of hearing, but can sometimes hear when I whisper and can't other times when I am standing right next to her yelling
  • She is 66 years old and still fixes up her house
  • She told me not to drink Diet Coke... I still don't LOVE this one... but almost
  • She knows everything!!!!
  • She has a big heart and is very giving

All in all I think Shareen is an amazing woman and I know that her blessings are huge and abundant and she is definitely going straight to the tip top of heaven (if you get what I mean!)

No comments: