Monday, July 20, 2009

Oh What A Week!!!

This past week was full of adventure and fun for me. I went to Girls Camp with my ward as an Adult Leader. I know. I was suprised too. Who knew I was an adult! Anywho it was a huge sucess. I had a ton of fun and I am hoping/ thinking the girls did too. There were 11 girls then a Doneva and a Michelle. So much fun!


Cute Bailey, she's the most energenic 12 year old I have ever met... She was super helpful and whenever we needed someone to do something she was the first to jump up and say "I will, I will!!!" I love her!!!Even though it was 85+ degrees outside we still needed a fire to call it camping!Dutch Oven Pizzas... a HUGE success!!! And super yummy... from what I heard!!

Big Tongs and 11 girls sitting around the fire with the following conversation...
Girls: "Sister Chapin..."
Me: "She's not here right now, please leave a message and she'll get back to you as soon as she can."
Girls: "Giggle. Sister Chapin... I mean... Michelle. When's dinner?"
Me: "I've told you a million times. Sister Chapin is my mom and she didn't come to camp. And I don't know when dinner is. Talk to the briquettes and ask them how long they are going to take to heat the dutch oven."
Girls: "Giggle. Ok. Can we have a snack?"
Me: "If you want to spoil your dinner, go ahead. Snack away!"
Girls: "Sister Froberg, did Michelle say yes or no to the snack?"
Sister Froberg then just laughs... poor girls...


Heidi Hoyt, Me and Kyleigh Jackson... awe. Such cute girls that should still be 7 but are 14 & 15...

So remember how I was called to go as an ADULT.. yeah well... going to Girls Camp as an adult is WAY better!!! You get to have so much more fun!! The girls had "free time" and got to go down this giant slip and slide. I was a little scared to go down this slip and slide at first with all the girls around. So once "free time" was over... I called "adult time" into play. And all of the adult leaders went down.

Doneva Froberg showed me how it was done!

Then Jill Slesk had to challenge Jamie Slesk to see who could spin more times...
The "Adults" after "Adult Time"My Y.W. leaders... who are now fellow adult leaders... crazy.... Jamie, Doneva, and Michelin were all one of my Young Womens leaders at one point. :)

Girls Camp was a ton of fun. I would go to Girls Camp every year. I loved being with the girls. I didn't like picking up after them and them calling me Sister Chapin. But had a TON of fun with them!! Our ward has the best girls in the world! Our theme was Unity in our ward and Unity we had! It was amazing. Watching the girls build their testimonies was the exact thing I needed to see in my life. I watched the girls grow throughout the week and everytime it brought me to tears. I couldn't have had a better week!

That brings me to today...

One of my best friend's, Amanda Peck's birthday was this past week while I was at camp and she waited to see Harry Potter with me, so we made a day out of it...
We got a pedicure.....

And saw Arry Pottah..... And I even got a new cover for my phone.... Oh what a week I have had!

2 comments:

Bonnie and Tyler said...

Sounds like so much fun! I wish I could've gone to camp with you... it would have been more fun! haha. Cute toes!

Brittany Slesk said...

Michelle I am so glad you got to come to camp and find out what adulthood is all about! :) I want to build a hill, get a giant slip and slide and have a party.
If I ever get that done I will call you and we will have spinning competitions K?
Jamie
(not Brittany)