Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm not in Provo anymore.....

WOW! LA is HUGE!!!! I seriously have gotten lost for at least half of my time I have been here. And I have only left my apartment building once! The apartment building is ginormous! There are so many different turns and twists. And every single twist looks the exact same. It is so annoying. They said it takes about a week to get it down. A week? So for a week I get to keep walking in circles trying to find my stupid apartment. I take that back, my apartment is everything BUT stupid! It is AMAZING!!!!!!! So nice and huge and spacious. Of course I took the master bedroom! I will post pictures later but as for now here is my day....

I woke up from my nap got ready extremely fast and brought all my stuff down and loaded it into Kendra's car. Got to the airport with about 45 minutes to spare. Not too bad. Checked in my bags... they were ALL overweight. And I was already checking an extra suitcase. So I was frantically trying to cut down the weight. After about 30 minutes of that I finally got them at 50 lbs. Perfect. By this time I was sweating so bad. I gave Kendra a quick hug and an I love you and went through security. I got through that no problem and ran to my gate. I boarded the plane and not even 5 minutes later it took off. I was totally fine with it. I hate waiting to board a flight. However, I don't ever want to have to run to a gate again, I would rather wait. After landing in LA I realized I had not heard from my ride yet. So I made some calls. Then after no one answering I called Cory one of my managers who is in Provo get a hold of someone for me so I could have a ride from the airport.. So finally I figure that out. So now just wait for my luggage right? Well, 2 out of the 3 made it. Ugh. That means I am without one of my suitcases. Luckily the 2 I got had all my shower and stuff in it. While I was unpacking my stuff I realized that a little bit ago I posted a blog saying how I had the luck of the Irish and kept having lucking things happen to me. While... I think I have the curse of the pirates or something... I just am having a case of bad luck. I really wish it would stop! Oh and my laptop still doesn't turn on. Arrrrr... See, look I am already starting to talk like a pirate! Oh no!! So by this time it is Noonish. I haven't eaten all day and I have been up since 5. So I am starving! I don't have any food in the house. Nor toliet paper for that matter. Adam had told me earlier there was a burger king just down the street and I would be ok walking there. So I got up the nerve and ventered out. It took me, no joke 15 minutes of walking around, riding elevators up and down, up and down. Walking back and forth just to figure out how to get out of this dang building. After figuring it out I saw BK and started my 30 yard walk. As I was walking I glanced over to my right where a new building had just gone up and realized there was a bum sleeping. I think he was sleeping at least... I thought. Oh look! My first bum sighting. How sweet. Then laughed out loud at how ridiculous I can be sometimes. So after eating some good ole BK I decided there had to be a faster way to get into the building. You know one that wouldn't take me by the sleeping bum. So I saw this door that looked like it could help me. Sure enough the elevator led right next to my apartment. I couldn't help but laugh. So then I figured out how to get a computer room key. And all that jazz. So I am on there internet/ computer. Not to shabby. YES!!!!!!! Southwest just called me... they have found my bag!!!!!!!!!! Yipeeee!!!! Anyways, so now I guess I will just wait until I get my luggage and go take a nap. I am just waiting for Adam and Kristen to get here so I can help them unload there stuff and go to the store and get some t.p. and foods. Sorry I couldn't post any pictures.. without my laptop this might be tricky. I will figure it out tho... and soon.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

busy day! you should have had your picture with the bum!

Amanda said...

woohoo tricky first day. it sounds exciting. you should play lazer tag in the building. 007 style

Chyla Mashelle said...

I'm sorry your luck kinda left i think you left it in Provo I vote you come back and get it. But it kinda wants you to stay in Provo....wait I'm not your luck nevermind! :) I love you you'll do great. Give the bum a dollar who knows maybe it's not luck it's Kharma! LOVE YOU!!! I can't wait to see LA

Natasha Holmquist said...

I'm Like an hour away from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!