Saturday, February 28, 2009

Count Your Blessings....

Wow. God has blessed my life so much, but yet He still continues to give me wonderful opportunities. So here is what happened.... I usually go to school Monday through Friday but have the opportunity every once and a while to sub on Saturdays and get more hours. So today I was subbing in Phase 2 which is an honorary program that is for "more experienced" students. I was supposed to have a color appointment at 9:15am but they ended up canceling and less than 5 minutes later the phone rings and this guy schedules an appointment with me. The receptionist said he sounded kind of weird and wished me good luck. "Perfect, another weirdo in Provo!" Oh well it's just a cut and I need to do 30 more before I graduate so whatev. When he comes in I realize he is like my dad's age. Perfect, I love my dad, so maybe this guy is cool. As the receptionist hands me his ticket she tells me quietly that this guy is a big wig in the Paul Mitchell world. "Great!" No pressure right? So I go and greet him give him his mini scalp massage... blah blah blah. He asked how much longer. I tell him less than 2 months. He asked me what my plans were. I told him I was thinking of going back to BYU-Idaho and finishing up my BA in business management. He asked why I didn't go to the Paul Mitchell in Rexburg, I told him because it wasn't open yet, however I would love to work there and eventually become a learning leader aka Teacher. He responded with "You actually can" I thought he was being encouraging and so I said thanks and he said again, "No, you really can." I was totally lost by now, so I looked at him and was like.... huh?? He got a little smile on his face and said, I own the Rexburg School, and we'd love to have you as a Learning Leader! I looked at him in complete shock.. What? Are you serious? He went on to tell him all the things I had just told him, how I was on Student Council, Design Team, Production Team and a sub in Phase 2. I had bore my "testimony" of the Paul Mitchell culture and how much I love this school. (I had said all these things to him before I knew who he was). He said he loves my personality and loves how real I am. And said they are in need of a good Learning Leader that can help run some of the honor programs, which I am in, and he told me to start getting ideas. I continued his hair cut being incredibly nervous. When we finished he gave me his info, ya know his address, phone number, etc. I told him I was moving there in the fall, and he said perfect, I look forward to hearing from you! When he walked out, I turned to the receptionist and just had a grin from ear to ear. She looked at me and was in as much shock as me. She said "You just got a job!!!" I am so grateful. I would love to be a learning leader, this is my dream job right now. I don't want to do it forever, but would love to do it for a while and especially while I am in Rexburg! Yay! That is all. What a good day!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

AWESOME MICHELLE! i'm so happy for you. you have the perferct personality for that and you'll be a great teacher!!! congratulations!

Bonnie and Tyler said...

WAY TO GO!! That is sooo awesome! I am getting my hair done there tomorrow! Yay!! You are coming back. We will only be like an hour away from eachother!

Nicole said...

YAY! When you go and do the Lord provides a way!