Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thank-You TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!

This morning at 10:15 am I had 2 quizzes one class. Yes, my teacher tries to kill me at least once a week. The first quiz was on the Amendments, and it was matching. We had to match the phrase to the Amendment number. If you haven't read over the Constitution lately or even the Amendments, let me tell you... they aren't short!! So I should have been studying for the last week for this quiz... did I? Heck no!!! I started at 1am last night. Ooops! I just had no desire to memorize the Constitution. Knowing which Amendment is which is semi important in the life of a Political Science Major. But ugh! Doing it is different. So I decided to do flash cards (yes, like in 3rd Grade!). I wrote them all out and called it a night. Woke up this morning to start/ finish my reading for the second quiz. I finished in enough time to drive to school and sit in my car for 10 minutes memorizing 27 Amendments. I was getting desperate. I couldn't remember a few random ones.. like the 15th Amendment.. which has to do with the Right to Vote.... So I finally came up with this little phrase.... "Fifteen by Taylor Swift is what I would vote for!" It doesn't really make sense, but if the song Fifteen was up against another song on the radio, I would probably vote for Fifteen. And it totally worked!!! It came down to 3 I wasn't sure about. I reread them and reread them, then all of the sudden I saw the 15th Amendment phrase "right to vote" I thought "I would vote for Fifteen by Taylor Swift!!!!" And the other 2 just feel right into place!!! I don't know how I did it, but I had stupid phrases like that for all 27 Amendments... and I got 100%. I even amaze myself sometimes.....

3 comments:

Amanda said...

wow good job. i'm glad taylor swift didn't get you in to trouble again :) haha hope you love idaho!

Bonnie and Tyler said...

YAY for Taylor!! I have always loved her. hehe. Awesome job on your test! PS... I think I need to see you again soon.

Nicole said...

I do stuff like that for memorizing all the time. At work the carrot code is 4562. I remember it by saying 45 rabbits ate 62 carrots. It makes no sense but it works. I always remember the 2nd amendent like this 2nd amen. is the right to bear arms. we have to arms to bear. I don't know. =)