Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hair school.... I've actually learned something..


I will never forget what I was doing when I actually decided to go to Beauty school. I was at Hollywood Video in Rexburg, where my boss didn't really care what I did.. So I was sitting in the back talking to Chyla. I was discussing my future with her and what I wanted out of life. She told me I should move to Utah. That sounded ok with me, but what was I going to do there. That's when she suggested Paul Mitchell the School. I had heard of Paul Mitchell hair products before and so I thought.. sure why not. So I went home and researched it. I realized it was the number two school in the U.S. Vidal Sasson being #1. I looked at how much it would cost to go to the Provo School and my jaw dropped. $14,000... are you kidding me... but I guess I will talk to my parents about it. So the next day at work I was back in the office again, this time talking to my mom. I honestly didn't think I was going to get the reaction I did. I told her about it and she thought it was an excellent idea! I was suprised. So I went home that night and filled out the applications. This was Thursday night. By Monday morning I was accepted and registered for classes. It all happened so fast. However, I have not regreted my decision. Everyone is asking me how school is going. If I like it, etc. And of course I just answer it's going well. And I Love it!!! But my mom has asked me about 3 times since I have been home this weekend if I really do like it? And if it was the right choice. Mom, I do like it, all in all. Of course there are challenges in whatever you do. But, I do like Beauty School. I like that I can see that I have knowledge already. I know how to mix color. I know how to cut hair. I know how to correctly apply color and how do mix bleach perfectly. I have learned a lot. But I have much more to learn, and I am excited about learning it. I can't wait!!!! I look at people's hair and I don't judge them (because I don't judge anyone!!!!) but I think of ways to help improve their look and self-esteem! And I love that. I want to make people feel better about themselves. And I picked the right career for that. So in answer to your question, YES!!! I like it. I have grown in many ways so far. And it's really weird to think about that if I was going to school in Washington I would be almost done. I would only need 400 more hours... that is really weird to think about. All in all, I like being in Beauty School. And the other question: was it the right choice... Heck yes!!!! Moving to Utah has definitely brought it's challenges. At first when everything fell apart... i.e. my first apartment smelling like cat pee and wood, my second apartment getting broken in to and my laptop being stolen and the creepy guy coming into my room and going through my underwear drawer while I was sleeping, and my car breaking down to the point where we had to turn him over to the junk yard. I mean those are pretty devestating things to happen to a 20 year old girl who just moved away from everyone in her family. But I know I was supposed to move to Utah, and go to PMTS in Provo and start November 5th. Because I was supposed to start earlier. But I decided to wait. I'm glad I waited, because if I hadn't I would not have been as close to Kendra. She has helped me a ton since moving to Utah. I'm pretty sure if it weren't for her I wouldn't still be going to school. She encourages me everday of my life. She is such a huge support system for me. She keeps track of my worksheet for me, because no matter what I do I seem to lose it every month. She makes sure I get my worksheet done. And if I just decide to not do it, she will force me to do it. She is honestly exactly what I need to be able to finish school. And I am grateful for her!!! Well, I do have to say that I am pleased thus far with the education I have received. My dad has now gotten his second haircut. And I am getting better. The first time I screwed up his neckline... it was pretty bad. And this time I only cut a small hole in his hair. But, you really can't notice it. Well, Mom couldn't at least. I could tell my dad was pleased... we gave him the George Clooney hair cut this time. And I do have to say.... he looks good!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Well, let's see a picture of Dad's second haircut!

Amanda said...

welcome to the blog world!