Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Honesty IS the Best Policy!!!!

So when my teacher handed out our tests today I flipped through the pages to see how long it was and when I got to the biggest part of the test, the matching, all the answers were already filled in. Without even thinking I threw the test back at him and yelled "I'm not supposed to see that!" The whole class was silent as he debated what to do. I promised I hadn't memorized any of the answers in the 2.3 seconds I had it in my hands. So he let me take the test like normal. When I handed in the test at the very last second I could. (I was the last 3 out of 50 to finish the test). As I handed the test to him he said, "Thank-you for being honest. I would have never known that those answers were already on there. And I don't even know why they were..." I thought to myself "REALLY??? DANGIT!!!!" Then I thought of how clear of a conscience I had right then... worth way more than an "A" on this test. Then as I turned to go. He said "Michelle, write the word HONESTY in big letters on the top of your paper." I did as I was told even though I thought he was going crazy... he then said these sweet, sweet words to me "I'm giving you extra credit for being honest. It's the LEAST I can do." Thank you Brother Whiting! You are a crazy man sometimes that can be convinced to make our homework load as light as possible, but you are a just and fair man. Thank-you!!! With all the extra credit I am getting on this test, I should get a fairly good grade :)

2 comments: